Skip to main content

Carbon Monoxide Protection in Twin Falls, ID

Twin Falls Heating

What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odorless, colorless, but dangerous gas. It is produced when a fuel such as natural gas, oil, kerosene, wood or charcoal is burned. Exposure to CO reduces the blood's ability to carry oxygen. Fuel-burning appliances used indoors must be maintained, used properly and fully vented to the outdoors to prevent dangerous levels of CO. Hundreds of people die accidentally every year from CO poisoning caused by malfunctioning or improperly used fuel-burning appliances.

What are the health effects of carbon monoxide?

Once inhaled, CO attaches to the hemoglobin in the red blood cells. Hemoglobin normally carries oxygen throughout the body. When CO attaches, it blocks the oxygen the body must have, creating a wide range of health problems. Breathing low levels of CO can cause Headache, Nausea, Dizziness, Weakness, Confusion, or Disorientation.

More Information On Carbon Monoxide Protection


Carbon Monoxide Videos


 

If you're looking for a professional duct repair contractor in Twin Falls, then please call us today at 208-732-1211 or complete our online duct repair estimate form.